THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
05/14/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on May 7, 2008.
1. Public Works: UCAN Parking Lot Paving, Douglas County, OR
1. Commissioner Laurance will read a proclamation declaring the month of May as Older Americans Month. Nancy Hudson, Family Caregiver Support Program Coordinator and Jeanne Wright, Senior Services Case Manager will accept the Commissioners Proclamation.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $592.80 to Richard Banducci.
2. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $1,013.48 to Richard F. and Wendy L. Galindo.
3. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $433.98 to John M. and Susan K. Hatfield.
1. Second Amendment to Contract 24088 to increase contract cap to $75,000 with Paul Ellis, dba Ellis Electric for consulting on communications systems.
1. Contract extension with Durham Fair Bus Service for provision of bus stop service for riders to the Douglas County Fair - August 5th to August 9th - in the amount of $31,778.44.
1. Contract with Amy Schattenkerk (dba Valued Individual Services) for mental health personal services in the amount of no more than $3,000 per month for a possible total for term of $45,000.
2. Lease with Sutherlin Seniors, Inc. for Senior Center space in the amount of $586 per month for the new term of June 30, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
3. Annual certifications and assurances for Umpqua Transit (Fiscal Year 2008). All public transportation providers who receive Federal Transit Administration funds must certify they will comply with applicable federal certifications and assurances.
1. Historic Preservation Fund Agreement Grant #OR-08-10 with the State of Oregon Parks and Recreation Department to receive funding of a portion of the County’s Historic Preservation Program. The amount of $7,499 through this grant provides funding of the county’s on-going Historic Preservation program and of training for commission members and staff in preservation matters during the grant period. The is an on-going program since the early 80’s. The amount received also covers continuation of the countywide RLS to update and expand existing inventory, concentrating on the central portion of the county.
1. Order authorizing purchase of pre-cast concrete culverts from Hanson Pipe and Precast in the amount of $69,960.
2. Extension of office lease with Oregon Department of Transportation in the amount of $1,500 per month for space located in the Douglas County Public Works Department complex at 433 Rifle Range Road, Roseburg, OR.
3. Contract with Carter & Company, Inc. in the amount of $1,247,242 for construction of Brown Detour Bridge Garden Valley Road No. 6, Douglas County, OR.
4. First modification of contact with Eileen G. Eakins in the amount of $50,000 or less for legal services.
5. Amendment to contract with the Bureau of Reclamation in the amount of $275,000 for core drilling and testing at Galesville Dam.
1. Authority for Bailey Veterinary Clinic to sell dog licenses and continuation of spay and neutering program.
2. Conmed health care management credentialing adjustment for medical staff services.
1. Amendment to the 2007-2009 Fiscal Agent Contract between Coos, Curry, and Douglas Counties and CCD Business Development Corporation. This is for allocation of funds that are currently remaining. The remaining balance to be used for projects is $67,993 plus any interest that accrues.
2. HEALTH: Recommendation to appoint members to the EMS Committee: A recruitment for the EMS Committee was conducted in November 2008 with the local media.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held May 21, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO BOARD OF COMMISSIONER MEETINGS ON WEDNESDAY,JUNE 4, 2008, AS ALL COMMISSIONERS WILL BE ATTENDING THE AOC MID-YEAR CONFERENCE IN BEND.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting